If you require the ultimate in spherical gels for:
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC)Simulated Moving Bed (SMB)
- Dynamic Axial Compression (DAC)
- Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC)
There are two lines of spherical silica gels:
- Analytical spherical gels with monodisperse particle size,
- Preparative Chromatography which are preparative silica gels with determined particle size ranges.
Both these lines are characterized by:
- Low metal content: to avoid specific interaction between acid sites and analytes
- High mechanical stability
- Very high purity
- Reproducible loadings (reversed-phase)
The SiliaSphere gels are manufactured from an organic form of silicon (alkoxydes). This ensures very low metal content as the starting material is purified by distillation. Deionized water is used to hydrolyze the silicon alkoxydes. Careful monitoring and control of the parameters that induce precipitation afford spherical silica gels with the desired characteristics.
The spherical family has specific applications in analytical and preparative separation. For preparative and process separation our SiliaSphere™ PC are the most indicated. This high purity material presents an excellent mechanical stability that enables multiple column packing without significant loss. For analytical applications, the SiliaSphere™ material, with its mono-disperse particle size gives the best packing for superior separations. If your chemistry requires a phase not available as standard material, please contact us. All spherical silica gels may be functionalized to suit your needs.
The SiliaSphere™ family is characterized by a very low metal content and exceptionally stable media at low or high pH. The SiliaSphere™ manufacturing process ensures quality and reproducibility in pore size, surface area and particles size and morphology. The high specific surface area enables a high loading capacity with a uniform and reproducible coverage. The SiliaSphere™ materials are the basis for several bonded materials (C8, C18, CN and Phenyl) that are used in HPLC column manufacturing. These columns are characterized by a long lifetime, high reliability and excellent performance. Many other custom bonded phases are available.
SiliaSphere™ PC (FOR PREPARATIVE CHROMATOGRAPHY)
In preparative and process chromatography the cost is very important and the use of spherical particles with narrow particle size distribution is very expensive. It is possible in this case to use irregular or angular silica but the separation will not be optimal. SiliCycle® has added a very efficient material for preparative chromatography, the SiliaSphere™ PC spherical silica gels. These products have a very high chemical and mechanical stability. They also have the advantage to operate with very low backpressures. Furthermore, they are being offered at a very affordable price.
Advantages of using the SiliaSphere™ PC materials over standard silica gels:
- Increased efficiency of the eluent’s flow characteristics
- Improvement of the resolution between compounds of a sample
- Ease of packing
- Very high specific surface area
- High mechanical stability under higher pressures
- Affordable pricing