Whereas the MiniVap™ is a fully manual system, the Ultravap™ is a digitally controlled programmable evaporator. It can be used as a stand alone unit or driven by a computer, often connected to a robotic liquid handler. After empirical data for dry down has been produced, this can be entered into the memory of the Ultravap for future recall and use. Each programme has three stages, with control of gas temperature, pressure and plate height at each stage. Nine different methods can be permanently stored in memory. The Ultravap will then evaporate plate contents quickly, by keeping the heated gas needles close to the liquid surface at all times in the concentration process, without further manual intervention.
Porvair Sciences announces new versions of its MiniVap and UltraVap blowdown evaporators that use warm air or nitrogen to speed up the evaporation of common HPLC solvents such as dichloromethane, methanol and acetonitrile from sample vials, significantly improving throughput and removing this common laboratory bottleneck.
Combining a new 48-well needle head with a dedicated HPLC vial holder that accepts 48 standard 1.5ml vials* transforms any MiniVap or UltraVap system into a high throughput HPLC sample evaporator. Applications that will benefit from the new HPLC sample evaporators include pre-concentration prior to injection (to increase sensitivity) as well as evaporation to dryness of post-column fractions for recovery of compounds.
● Designed for heat sensitive and thermally labile samples
● Nine different drying programmes can be retained in the memory
● Ability to upload and download methods
● Robotic plate stage automatically moves plates up and down
● RS232 allows remote control via PC or LH robot
● Removes most stubborn solvents in just minutes
● Can evaporate 500μl methanol in 5 minutes
● Compact footprint allows the Ultravap to fit into all standard fume cupboards
● Choice of straight, curved & 24, 96 or 384 needles
● Compatible with Tecan™, Hamilton™ and Beckman™ robotic liquid handlers
- << Prev